Remedial Massage – What are the benefits?
A regular remedial massage can be effective for treating a range of physical as well as emotional symptoms.
Massage helps treat muscles, tendons and ligaments. In this way, it can help ease muscular tension and pain in the body such as neck, shoulder and back pain. It can also relieve stress-related symptoms and, as a result, ease insomnia and anxiety. Remedial Massage can help you feel deeply relaxed and enjoy improved energy levels.
Massage is one of the oldest forms of therapy. It dates back as far as 5000 BC.
Remedial therapists use a range of hands-on techniques in their approach. These techniques can include variations in pressure, trigger points and stretching. It can also include advanced techniques such as cupping or myofascial release. Massage is a holistic treatment that eases pain, relaxes the mind and the body and has many other benefits. While one single massage will be enjoyable, in fact, the effects of massage are cumulative. Having regular massages is also a powerful preventative measure for your health and can help you stay well throughout the year.
- Firstly, it promotes a sense of relaxation & well-being
- Calms the nervous system and subsequently can ease anxiety
- Eases muscular tension, discomfort, spasms & cramps
- Improves posture, flexibility, mobility & strength
- Reduces tension & anxiety, as well as symptoms of depression
- Relieves pain & discomfort, particularly chronic pain
- Eases fatigue & replenishes one’s energy
- Improves blood circulation and, as such provide nutrients and oxygen to cells
- Stimulates the lymphatic system, which eliminates the body’s waste products
- Improves quality & pattern of sleep
- Improves both physical & mental performance, thereby minimizing injuries
- Helps aid recovery from injury, for example, work or sports-related injuries
- Regulates blood pressure
- Promotes post-operative recovery
- Reduces stress and, as a result, can ease symptoms such as stress-related headaches
- Enhances metabolism and
- Eases pregnancy-related symptoms, including fluid retention, pain, insomnia and also anxiety
- Improves skin tone
- Can improve the immune system.
Many of our massage services qualify for rebates.
Please check your therapist has the corresponding Health Fund.